SuiteSpot is a technology startup transforming the way rental real-estate is managed and operated at scale. Our award-winning technology eliminates waste, chaos, and unnecessary costs, which makes people more productive. SuiteSpot's technology and ROI have been proven with leading rental real estate housing operators in North America. www.suitespottechnology.com
In this role, we are looking for an experienced and driven individual to join our team in the role of Director of Finance as our first hired Finance full time leader.
Working closely and partnering with all members of the leadership team as well as the Board; the Director of Finance will oversee all financial matters related to the company while providing an analytical focus to the assessment of new product, customer/partner and strategic value-creation initiatives.
Together with the Leadership Team, the Director of Finance will leverage a strong reputation of entrepreneurialism, balanced with an eye for scalability, stability and sustainability in the journey to exceptional results and value creation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create long-range plans, and assess and adjust the financial requirements in these plans over time;
- Maintain lines of communication with investors, bookkeepers and accountants;
- Identify and address with the CEO and Leadership Team value creation levers and risks;
- Effectively manage, deploy and conserve the company’s capital in accordance with the strategic plan;
- Manage investor relations, financial partners and strategic advisors; and,
- Work closely with all stakeholders on strategic opportunities, including fundraising and M&A activity.
Planning & Operations
- Work with the CEO (Elik Jaeger) in formulating the company’s future direction, strategic plan and supporting tactical initiatives and operational plans, including the annual budget, the annual capital plan and the annual incentive plans for the leadership team;
- Monitor and direct the implementation of operational business plans from a financial and metrics perspective;
- Work with financial advisors to develop tax strategies and manage the overall tax planning activities of the company;
- Develop performance measures and metrics that support the company’s strategic direction;
- Partner with the sales team to ensure that customer contracts have business terms favorable to the company (both in terms of revenue and strategic value); and,
- Provide guidance to the leadership team in effective financial planning and monitoring of departmental spending and budgeting;
- Effectively manage the balance sheet, including AR, AP, debt, and cash flow;
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Oversee the development of financial models and scenario plans to support future business growth; and
- Report financial and operational results, including KPIs along with qualitative analysis to the CEO, Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
This position requires the following:
- An accounting designation and/or Master's degree in Accounting or Business Administration/Commerce, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience;
- Experience in a financial leadership role within a fast-growth technology company;
- Experience in SaaS/recurring revenue businesses
- Knowledge and experience of Canadian and US accounting practices
- Proven ability to identify paths to increased shareholder value and assist in leading a company to that end;
- Track record of scaling revenues from $3M to $15M ARR will add value;
- A problem solver with a strong background in financial planning and analysis with superior negotiating skills;
- Experience working with institutional investors, including demonstrated successful outcomes with such investors;
- Experience completing acquisitions, including due diligence, negotiation and integration, is preferred;
- Strong legal and contractual competence and an instinct for when outside expertise will add value;
- A reputation for deeply understanding all areas of the business and a passion for making a positive impact across the board;
- A high level of written and oral communication skills;
- Experience at a private company, including working with strong external board members;
- Demonstrated leadership skills as a player/coach who inspires confidence and trust and motivates teams to reach new heights
- Proven technology on the path for scale.
- SuiteSpot is a fun place to work. We’re a small team without big egos. We take our work very seriously but never take ourselves too seriously.
- 5/5 star rating and excellent reviews on Glassdoor
- Monthly team social events (bowling, Activate, arcades, etc.)
- Opportunity to join an early-stage startup that aims at nothing short of changing the real estate landscape. Be an early part of the success story!
- Learning culture (we insist!). This is a key role where your contributions will be appreciated as vital to our organizational success. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your skills.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, and other health coverage
- Paid time off (3 weeks per year)
- Remote work with a preferred location in Toronto, Ontario.